Construction Estimator – We are looking for a self-motivated and extremely organized individual to add to our sales and project management team. This person works closely with management, sales and our customer base. Must be able to perform all related estimating activities; review blueprints and specs. Also, review all contracts/bids, conduct walk-thru, perform quantity take-offs, cost estimates, determine value-engineering, establish conceptual estimates, develop scopes of work, budgets and interact with clients to achieve project goals.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil engineering or related discipline. Five years of experience working as an estimator / project manager with at least 2+ years of experience in construction estimating capacity.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Excellent Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Extensive MS Excel aptitude
- Strong Technical Writing Skills are necessary.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required.
- Ability to formulate and calculate mathematical expressions to obtain the desired quantity measurement and cost information.
- Ability read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and bid documents.
- Understanding of construction systems and the ability to “build it in your head”
- Understanding of Geometry concepts and math skills
- Knowledgeable of available construction equipment and ability to utilize resources while maintaining a database of equipment rental rates.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable – ethical and reliable
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented – has a sense of urgency and enjoys taking on challenges.
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Competitive salary and benefits.
Apply online or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org